Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Giraffes Can't Dance


































I saw this art lesson on Deep Space Sparkle some time ago and knew I had to give it a try. (It is based on the book by Giles Andreae and Guy Parker-Rees.) I finally got my chance this month with my 2 groups of kindergarteners. They had so much fun with coming up with their giraffe's unique dancing pose. What made this lesson so workable with 5 year olds was the 2 part process. First we drew and painted our giraffes and put them up to dry. Next we painted our night time sky and grass. The giraffe was then cut out and glued onto background. This was a real favorite among the children.

















4 comments:

  1. I'd like to try this with K or 1st graders for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really nice watercolor giraffe paintings, your children are so talented, you should be so proud of them. thank you so much for sharing these lovely art works!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!