Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Indian Elephant Festival Posters



























My Animal Art Fun class left the savannas of Africa after our tiger and zebra art pieces and traveled to India to create these colorful posters celebrating The Elephant Festival held annually in Jaipur. The children created their pieces in layers: chalk pastel backgrounds, decorative painted borders and of course their front and center elephant. These were shaded with chalk pastel and then decorated with colorful acrylics. And of course I added a picture of the artist riding their own creation. (Thanks to my husband for his great suggestion) These make me smile kids! (Ages 6-10)

5 comments:

  1. Love these adorable.. Merry Christmas to you and your Family see you on the 28th

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little riders on the elephants. Nice project!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful artwork.
    The elephants are adorable.

    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Art work and Elephant Festival Celebrate in Jaipur India.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!