Thursday, December 18, 2014

Winter Squirrels II












my experiment

For my last art project of 2014, (Wow, that went by fast!) my class followed this very basic tutorial. We looked at different species of squirrels including red and gray and the children then used chalk pastels to add color. If we had more time I would have liked for them to really focus on texture and shadow. But we were in a bit of a mad dash with this project. They had the option of having their squirrels carry acorns or stacked presents (made with squares of scrapbook paper and ribbon). By cutting along the squirrels arms, they were able to carry their items. Backgrounds were created with liquid watercolor and white acrylic printed snowfall.

Wishing you all Happy Holidays 
and Best Wishes for the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback!